How to turn on developer mode in chatbot? Easy Guide
In a chatbot, developer mode works like a secret switch. The developer mode in any chatbot works to make the chatbot better. When you turn on the chatbot, it lets the developers get access to their special settings and tools to make the chatbot smarter. Moreover, it is also used to fix and find any problems.
When you are going to turn on the developer mode, it is like unlocking a toolbox and fixing the chatbot to make it right. By turning on the developer mode you can get the special or developer’s output. Let’s go and take a look at different methods for How to turn on developer mode in chatbot.
When you are going to enable the developer mode in the chatbot, it totally depends on the framework and platform. Below, we are going to discuss some of the different methods for different platforms on How to turn on developer mode in chatbot.
Follow these steps to turn on the developer mode of Google Cloud or Dialogflow.
- Open the Dialogflow or click on this link: https://dialogflow.cloud.google.com/.
- Click on the chatbot project.
- Click on the setting (Gear icon) on the left sidebar. After clicking on it. you will see the “API Version” under the “General Tab”.
- Now switch the default “API V2” to “API V1”. Click on “Save” and save your settings.
Follow the steps to turn on the developer mode in IBM Watson Assistant.
- Click on the link https://cloud.ibm.com/resources/watsonassistant to get access to the IBM Watson Assistant.
- Choose “Assistant Instance”.
- Now, click on the “Gear icon or Manage” which is on the left sidebar.
- Next, you will find “Assistant API Version” under “API Details”. Change the default “API V2” to “API V1” and save the setting.
Now, we will tell you about turning on the development bot in web-based chatbot platforms such as Watson Assistant and LUIS.
- Open the specific platform and log in to its dashboard.
- Get access to your chatbot project.
- Take a look at your advanced or developer setting options.
- Toggle on features or enable the developer mode such as testing, debugging, or advanced options. Moreover, this might be involved in the agent settings or project settings.
- Create a testing flag or debug mode in your code. This will activate certain logs or features of additional information.
- To capture chatbot responses and interactions, implement logging mechanisms for debugging purposes.
- Moreover, you can also set up configuration files or environmental variables to turn on the developer mode in a chatbot.
If you want to turn on the developer mode in the chatbot development frameworks (BotPress or Rasa). However, a lot of chatbot development frameworks offer many developer mode options according to their framework.
That’s why it is important to know the specific framework of the refer documentation you are using to learn how to turn on developer mode in chatbot. This may contain modification of configuration files using setting environment variables or command line arguments.
In Microsoft Bot Framework, there is no “Developer mode” but don’t worry you can set up the development environment. Create a bot locally by using the Bot Framework Emulator. Moreover, for more instructions, you can also check the official documentation by clicking on the link below.
Developer mode works like a backstage pass for chatbot creators. When anyone turns on the developer mode in the chatbot, they can easily get access to all of its hidden buttons and gears that work and run smoothly in the chatbot.
By tuning in the developer mode, developers can test and improve the chatbot’s performance thoroughly. So, whenever you think about how to turn on developer mode in chatbot, keep in mind that this is the key that helps you to make all the things better, smarter, and faster while chatting with you.
Do visit on techbusinesinsider.com for related info.