Input Signal Not Found Hp Monitor – Easy Way To Fix
Even if your computer is working fine, you may encounter problems like “Input Signal not Found” showing up on your HP monitor. This problem can be due to a loose connection of cable in the video adapter, poor cable, wrong setting of cable in the adapter, or any driver error in your PC. This Input Signal not found HP monitor problem can be solved after analyzing the root cause of the problem.
Let us discuss the core causes of this problem and how one can solve this problem through different solution methods.
Major Causes Leading to Input Signal Not Found HP Monitor Error:
Here are some of the basic reasons that contribute to the problem of Input Signal.
Loose or Wrong Connection of Data Cable with HP Monitor:
If you connect the cable to the wrong adapter port, then definitely the monitor will show Input Signal Not Found. Even if the cable is not inserted properly into the adapter jack, the proper communication will not be there. That is why the video source will not open.
- The simple solution for this reason is to connect the adapter cable to the right port and turn on the monitor.
- If you have inserted the cable in the right port, then make sure it fits perfectly and is not loose.
Faulty Data Cables:
The second main reason for the Input Signal Not Found HP Monitor is the use of the wrong or poor choice of cable. A perfectly compatible cable never creates this problem. A faulty cable is usually the one that is broken inside, has a poor wire material, and overheating issues. This can hinder the smooth performance of the video source and show such errors.
- Always use a high-quality adapter cable that is compatible with your HP monitor and has a fast transfer rate.
- Furthermore, make sure the cable is not damaged from the inside with the help of a continuity test with a multimeter.
- After doing so, connect the cable again and check whether the problem is still there or not.
HP Monitor Adapter Issue:
Another possible reason is a problem with the adapter port of your HP monitor. A stable connection is required for the functioning of the Video source. So, if the connection is loose and the signal is not transmitted properly, the HP monitor may show this error.
- The solution to this problem is to plug out the adapter from the port and then attach it again.
- Make sure that the connection is perfect this time by shaking the cable from the point of connection.
- Now, turn on the monitor to see if the problem persists or not.
Corrupted RAM, Graphic Card, and Motherboard of HP Monitor:
After you check that the connection is right and perfect, still the problem is there, it can be due to a corrupt graphics card, or issues on the motherboard or RAM. These problems can lead to interruptions in analyzing the video signal from the cable and hence not showing any video format on the monitor.
- This solution will need some technical knowledge about the components of the HP device.
- You need to open the device using the necessary tools.
- Open the motherboard, and clean it with a brush properly.
- In case of corrupted RAM, you have to attend to a technician who can clean it or replace it with a new RAM.
- The same process goes for the corrupt graphics card.
Outdated Video Drivers and firmware of HP monitor:
Sometimes, video drivers become outdated and do not comprehend the video signals from the cable. The firmware of a monitor is another software component that deals with display and video motion. If this software becomes outdated, the HP monitor might not run the video signals through the connected adapter cable.
- You have to download the latest video drivers for the HP device and install them.
- If the firmware is not responding, then update it also.
- Now, possibly your problem Input Signal Not Found HP Monitor may be solved if these arrows were the root cause.
Refresh Rate & Resolution Compatibility:
Sometimes, if You have set your computer to a particular resolution that the monitor does not support, you can face this issue of Input Signal Not Found HP Monitor. Due to non-compatibility and alignment of the video source and allowed resolution, the monitor does not play and the video instead shows the error.
- The solution to this problem is to access your computer’s display settings and then set the resolution according to the video source.
- If video source resolution is not known, you should select the default computer display resolution setting.
- If you are still unable to access the display settings due to the “Input Signal Not Found” error, Then, you must try booting into Safe Mode, where basic display settings are used.
Problems with Video Card or RAM Stick:
The misadjustment of the video card or RAM Stick in the device can also be a reason for the Input Signal Not Found HP Monitor error. Due to any accidental spill or mishandling of the device, the RAM Stick or Video Card might get displaced from their actual place. This will hinder the smooth transfer of signal from one end to the other.
One can resolve this issue on his own if he has the technical skills to open the CPU of the device. Besides the skill, you should have the necessary tools like screwdrivers, etc.
- Turn off your HP device, and unplug all the cables and wires from the electrical point.
- Open the CPU device, and go to the GPU module.
- With the right screwdrivers, open the GPU module and unlock the PCLe clip from the mounting bracket.
- Now, you should take out the video card without disturbing any other technical components.
- Nest step is unlocking the dedicated slot of RAM, and picking up the RAM Slides carefully.
- With the help of a soft-end brush, clean the video card and RAM Slides properly.
- Now, place them at their dedicated slit and make sure you fix them properly with the right instruments and tools.
- Now, turn on the device again and see whether the problem of Input Signal Not Found persists or not.
HP Monitor Power Issues:
Another possible reason for this input signal error is that your monitor is not receiving enough power and is turned on. Some HP monitors have a power-saving mode due to which it can appear as if the monitor is not receiving a signal.
- The solution to this power issue is to check that the monitor is receiving power properly.
- You can check it by verifying that the power indicator light is on. You should power cycle the monitor by turning it off.
- Unplug it from the socket and wait for a few seconds.
- After that, plug in and turn on the monitor and see the power light is properly working and the power saver mode is off.
Wrong UEFI Setting:
In some cases, you might have unknowingly misconfigured the BIOS or UEFI settings on your HP computer. Due to this misconfiguration, the device does not properly read the video source signals and may end up showing this error.
- To solve this issue, you must access the UEFI menu during startup.
- Now, you should configure the display settings according to the requirements.
- Turn on the HP monitor again and see if your problem might have been solved if this was the main issue.
On a Final Note:
With proper configuration and connection of cables, the “Input Signal Not Found HP Monitor” error does not pop up on the screen. Various factors can contribute to this problem and we have clearly mentioned each possible reason and how you can solve this error for each cause.